GLD Process for accreditation
of candidates Issue:1.4
Approved by GLD Exec Sept 2020
This is for endorsement as a Liberal Democrat who visibly supports 'Green' values and policies
* Benefits to the candidate of a simple way to show their green credentials to voters, to enlist support from green Liberal Democrats and be supported by GLD resources.
The GLD accredited candidate will have a right to use the GLD logo with their literature
* Benefits to the Green Liberal Democrats of promoting policies internally and externally. GLD will have the right to publish lists of accredited candidates and to promote support for them amongst GLD members and publicly.
1. To be both a Green Liberal Democrat and Liberal Democrat paid-up member.
2. To uphold the values of the Green Liberal Democrats and key policies below.
3. To be able to show their support by some action in these areas (past and ongoing).
4. Not to bring the Liberal Democrats or Green Liberal Democrats into disrepute.
The applicant should be in the process of seeking councillor, parliamentary or other party post candidature approval or election.
The accreditation process target is to achieve decision within 3 weeks.
If approved the accreditation normally lasts for 5 years
1. Applicants to fill out this short application form committing to the above.
2. Executive Officer to assess the form, interview the candidate by whatever means to sufficient level to achieve their approval.
3. Treasurer to check their membership situation.
4. Recording of the accreditation on an online database restricted to some GLD Exec members and name/contact email published publicly online so that GLD members and supporters can identify candidates to support.
Note the same titular GLD Executive Officer or the GLD Chair can withdraw the accreditation at any point if there is evidence the candidate is not meeting the principle requirements. The candidate for GLD Accreditation has a right to appeal to the GLD chair and beyond that to the GLD President whose decision will be final.
Please fill in our online Accreditation Form
Once you have completed the form above - please email email@example.com with the subject: Candidate Accreditation to let us know...
or download this PDF document and post it to us