We want to protect the environment so that future generations are not left paying for the mistakes of the generations before them and to fight climate change with Five Green Laws, which are:
1. A Nature Bill: key measures include legal targets for biodiversity, clean air, clean water and access to green space, extending the Right to Roam and establishing new marine and coastal reserves.
2. A Heating and Energy Efficiency Bill: key measures include building on the Green Deal with a national programme to raise the energy efficiency standards for all Britain's households. We will legislate to boost renewable and district heating programmes and heat saving standards.
3. A Zero Waste Britain Bill: key measures include establishing a "Stern Report" on resource use, with binding targets and a clear action plan to reduce waste and end biodegradable landfill.
4. A Zero Carbon Britain Bill: key measures include introducing a decarbonisation target for electricity generation, expanding the powers of the Green Investment Bank and banning electricity generated from unabated coal.
5. A Green Transport Bill: key measures include establishing a full network of charging points for electric cars, only allowing low emission vehicles on the roads from 2040 and reforming planning law to ensure new developments are designed around walking, cycling and public transport.
Please show your support for our Green Laws by signing at:
Printed (hosted) by Prater Raines Ltd, 98 Sandgate High Street, Folkestone CT20 3BY
Published and promoted by Green Liberal Democrats, 1 Vincent Square, London, SW1P 2PN
The views expressed in all articles and news items of this site should only be assumed to be those of the individual authors themselves and are not necessarily those of the Liberal Democrats, the Green Liberal Democrats, or the service provider.
Website designed and developed by Prater Raines Ltd, with modifications by Green Liberal Democrats