Dacorum's New Waste and Recycling Changes Started This Week
Here is a quick check list of the key things to know.
- The main changes are to the food waste and cardboard recycling, in line with new regulations.
- For residents, this means they will have had a new blue-lidded wheeled bin for mixed recyclables and a kerbside caddy for food waste.
- The new blue lidded wheeled bin replaces the recycling boxes giving extra space to recycle more items.
- The caddy liners are for the smaller indoor kitchen caddy, not the kerbside caddy (but food waste can go directly in either or by wrapping it in newspaper).
- The compostable liners for the kitchen caddy that were delivered with the new bins will not fit the old style kitchen caddy (10 litres) but they will fit the small kitchen caddy (5 litres). A kitchen caddy can be requested at www.dacorum.gov.uk/recycling.
- Green bin collection is suspended and starts again in mid February. A garden waste collection calendar will be delivered in January (will be hung on bins).
- The Dacorum BC website has explanations and answers to frequently asked questions at www.dacorum.gov.uk/recycling.
- If you don't want to keep your old recycling boxes to use for collecting excess recycling or something else, please leave them out empty on your collection day with your new bins during the week of 24 November and a separate vehicle will take them to be recycled.
- Information and updates are being added to our social media facebook.com/dacorum and twitter.com/dacorumbc