Green Lib Dem Federal Conference Guide March 2013
Online pre-Conference edition 1
Midday Tuesday 5th March
Deadline for amendments, separate votes, emergency motions, topics, etc. to the Policy Unit email@example.com .
- Complete your emergency motion / topical issue ballot paper (if there is one).
- Fill in speaker's cards and questions forms for all kinds of contributions in the main main Conference Hall sessions and preferably hand in, to the speaker's table, at least half a day before the session (maximum time per contribution is given in italics at end of each listing)
- Visit the GLD Stand.
Policy Consultation Sessions.
15:00 to 17:30 Your opportunity to suggest or support the inclusion of the environmental dimension in our Education and Skills (Hall 8a) Europe (Buckingham room) and Taxation (Balmoral room) Polcies.
Fringes and Training
20:15 Social liberal Forum How we get Growing again with Vince Cable. Hall 4
Main Conference Hall
- 11:20 to 12:20 Consultation on the Election Manifesto 2015. Your opportunity to ensure our manifest gives due weight to environmental matters. 1 minute contributions
- 14:50 to 15:50 Motion Revitalising the Rural Economy. It is important that sustainability is properly addressed. 4 minutes platform, 1 minute floor intervention
- 17:20 Reports of Parliamentary Parties The Commons report includes reference to the Energy Bill and the European report includes 2030 EU climate and energy targets. The Lords report includes the Civil Aviation Bill. Max 25 word written questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00 on Thursday, or on form to Speaker's table by 12:40
13:00 to 14:00
- Green Liberal Democrats Dash for Gas - what the Fracking Good is that for the Planet Tessa Munt MP and Oliver Hayes (Friends of the Earth) Hall 8C
- Liberal Sustainability Network Launch of the Green Book, with Nick Clegg and Ed Davey. Buckingham room. www.green-book.org.uk
18:15 to 19:30
- Green Liberal Democrats Three Floods and You are Out with Norman Baker and reps from CPRE and TCPA Hall 8c
20:00 to 21:15
- Green Liberal Democrats Green Deal and the Energy Bill with Ed Davy as key speaker. Hall 8A
Main Conference Hall
- 09:00 to 10:00 Emergency Motion or Topical Issue This might be on the Energy Bill 3 minutes
- 11:00 to 11:45 Motion Creating a Strong Manufacturing Sector in a Stronger Economy. Includes creating a sustainable economy and the Green Investment Bank. 3 minutes
13:00 Taking down the stand. Porters welcome.